Skip to main
- Nudging, Hybrid Monte Carlo, Smart Particles: new tools for old turbulent problems. Workshop on 'Perspectives in Turbulence'. Texas A & M University 2018
- Learning from Smart Lagrangian particles in turbulent flows: one-way and two-way coupling (a journey in Mare Incognitum). Colloquium Cornell University, USA 2018
- On the direct and inverse energy transfer in rotating turbulence. Conference on 'Kinetic and Related Models in the Natural Sciences'. Madison University, USA 2018
- Direct and inverse ebergy cascades in turbulence HOHAI University Nanjing, China 2018
- Lagrangian and Eulerian Turbulence NUAA, Nanjing China 2018
- Flow navigation by smart particles cia Reinforcement Learning. Shanghai Jao Tong University, China 2018
- Turbulence at high and low rotation rates. Shanghai Jao Tong University, China 2018
- On the effects of helicity in turbulent flows HOHAI University Nanjing, China 2018
- Energy Transfer and energy dissipation in turbulent flows. University of Xiamen, China 2018
- Cascades in turbulent flows. COST Conference 'Flowing Matter" Lisbon, Portugal 2018
- Flow navigation by smart particles via Reinforcement Learning. PIML2018, Santa Fe, USA 2018.
- Lagrangian power statistics and irreversibility in turbulence. Workshop on 'Geometrical and Stastical Fluid Mechanics" Simons Center, Stoony Brook, USA 2017
- Energy transfer and energy dissipation in turbulent flows. Colloquio Generale della Classe di Scienze, Scuola Normale di Pisa, Italia 2017.
- Anomalous scaling in
turbulence with direct and/or inverse energy cascades Ginzburg
Centennial Conference, Lebedev Institute Moscow Russia 2017
energy cascades in
hydrodynamics and magnetohydrodynamics. TDM Workshop IPAM Los Angeles, USA 2017.
- Extreme Events in Turbulent Rotating Flows: Lagrangian and Eulerian Statistics. UWI, Trinidad 2017.
- Complex particles in turbulent flows. Cecam Workshop on Nonequilibrium statistial mechanics, Rome, Italy 2016.
- Complex particles in
complex flow & Turbulence under dynamical mode reduction. Summer
School on Complex Fluids, Twente The Netherlands 2016.
- Extreme events in
Turbulence and Burgerslence. Workshop on Instantons and extremen events
in Turbulence and Dynamical Systems. Rio de Janeiro, Brasil 2015.
- Convection in
complex flows and with complex boundary conditions. International
Conference on Rayleigh Benard convection, RBC2015 Gottingen, Germany
- Turbulent cascade under Fourier mode reductions. Turbulence cascades, Lille, France 2015.
- Computational Issues in
Theretical Fluid Mechanics XII Seminar on Software for Nuclear,
Subnuclear and Applied Physics. Alghero. Italy 2015.
- An experimental study of
turbulence on Fractal Fourier Spaces. WPI Institute Basic issues of
extreme events in turbulence. Vienna, Austria, 2015.
- Una visita guidata
attraverso la turbolenza in 3D, 2D e in dimensioni intermedie.
Colloquio, University of Roma Tre, Rome, Italy 2015.
- Panta rei (Everything flows). Eindhoven Multiscale Institute Colloquium, Eindhoven, The Netherlands 2015.
- Direct and Inverse
Energy cascades in 2D and 3D turbulence, Turbulence in the sky as on
the earth. IIP, Natal, Brasil 2014.
- On the direct and
inverse energy transfer in 2-dimensional and 3-dimensional turbulent
flows. Strolling on Chaos, Turbulence and Statistical Mechanics. Rome,
- Deformation statistics
of small ellipsoidal drops in isotropic turbulence, "Vortical
structures and wall turbulence. Paolo Orlandi: A vortical and turbulent
life" Rome, Italy 2014.
- Turbulence in 2 and 3 dimensions. ICTP, Trieste, Italy, 2014.
- A guided tour across turbulence. ETH, Zurich, Switzerland, 2014.
- On the direct and inverse energy transfer in 2-dimensional and 3-dimensional turbulent flows, NORDITA Colloquium, Stokholm, Sweden 2014.
- Fully developed turbulence. Colloquim Physics Department 'Chalmers University" Gothenburg, Sweden 2014.
- Particles and Fields in
out-of-equiibrium 2d an 3d Flows. 'Five computational pieces and a do:
getting ready to celebrate Giovanni Ciccotti's 70th birthday', Rome,
- Non-local interactions in 2d and 3d Turbulence. Workshop 'Non-locality in Turbulence' WPI Vienna, Austria 2013.
- Turbulent dispersion from point sources. Workshop on "Turbulence and amorphous systems" Eil At, Israel 2013.
- Lattice Boltzmann Methods
for complex flows. School on "Mathematical Approaches to Complex Fluids" Isaac Newton Institute Cambridge, UK 2013.
- Droplets and bubbles in turbulent flows "Particles in Turbulence". COST Action MP0806, Eindhoven, The Netherlands 2013.
- Chaos and Turbulence "Outreach event" organized by KITPC Beijing, China 2012. (movie)
- Turbulent dispersion
from point source: correction to Richardson PDF. Workshop on
"Mathematics of Particles and Flows" WPI Vienna, Austria 2012.
- Boiling convection "Particles in Turbulence" COST Workshop, Leiden, The Netherlands 2012.
multifractal approach to Lagrangian and Eulerian statistics: successes
and pitfalls. Workshop on "Euler - Lagrange" WPI Vienna, Austria, 2012.
- Rayleigh-Taylor in stratified Flows, KITP program on Turbulence, USA 2011.
- Energy-Helicity dynamics
in 3D turbulence. “Defining Guidelines for Future Extreme Simulations
of 3D Fluid and MHD Turbulence" Bangalore, India 2011.
- Inverse energy cascades
in 3D turbulence. “The solar course, the chemical force, and the
speeding change of water” Nordita Stockolm, Sweden 2011.
and Bubbles in Turbulence. DSFD 2011. Fargo, USA 2011.
pair dispersion of inertial particles. Particles in turbulence 2011.
International Conference on Fundamentals, Experiments, Numeric and
Applications 16-18 March 2011, Potsdam, Germany 2011.
Taylor turbulence for stratified and unstratified flows. Turbulence and
Mixing, Eilat, Israel 2010.
- Basic of turbulence. International School on 'Fluctuations and
Turbulence in the microphysics and dynamics of clouds'. Porquerolles,
Boltzmann Models for Microfluidic. Rencontres Niçoises de Mécanique des
Fluides, University of Nice, France 2010.
- Eulerian and Lagrangian Multifractals for Turbulence.
Turbulence Mixing an Beyond II. Trieste, Italy 2009.
and Itermittency in inertial particles velocities in turbulent flows.
International Symposium on Turbulence. Beijing, China 2009.
- Lagrangian and Eulerian Statistics with multifractal
phenomenology. Isaac Newton Institute, Cambridge, UK 2008.
- Contact line dynamics and mesoscale simulations: LBE. CECAM
Workshop, Lausanne, Switzerland 2008.
- Lagrangian Structure Functions in Turbulence. International
Conference on non-linear physcics, "Tata Institute"
Bangalore, India 2008.
- Capillary Filling in micro devices. Workhsop on
Microfluidics Leiden, The Netherlands 2008.
- Multiphase Lattice Boltzmann Equations. International
LBE. CNR, Rome Italy 2008.
- Multifractals: where do they work, where do they fail.
Worklshop IWP, Vienna Austria 2008.
- Lagrangian Structure Functions in Turbulence, DFD, Invited
Minisymposium on Lagrangian Turbulence, APS, Seattle Usa 2007.
- SO(3) decomposition
applied to Navier Stokes equations. Tutorial ETC XI . Porto
Portugal July 2007.
- Multiphase Lattice
Boltzmann Equations for microfluids. Dynamical and static
properties. DSFD 2007, Bannf Canada, 2007.
- Anisotropy in Turbulence.
"EULER250" Conference. Aussois France. 2007
- Inertial Particles in
Turbulent Flows. "iTi conference" Bad Zwischenhah, Germany. 2005.
- Complex spatio-temporal
signals: the case of turbulence. "The XIII Non-linear
dynamics in Electronical system meeting" Potsdam, Germany. 2005
- Analysis of anisotropies in
Turbulent Flows. "School on Turbulence" Potsdam, Germany. 2005.
- Artifacts in turbulence
scaling. "Power laws and artifacts in Statistical Mechanics"
Beaulieu-sur-mer, France. 2005.
- Multifractals in Turbulence.
"WAMA school". Cargese. France. 2004.
- Lagrangian Turbulence form
DNS. "Turbulence and Mixing", EilAt, Israel. 2004.
- Spatio-temporal properties
of the turbulent energy cascade, "Cascade dynamics", Santa Fe,
NM, USA, 2004.
- Turbulence: a guided tour,
``Frontier Science 2003'' Pavia, Italy, 2003.
- Numerical Challanges for
Turbulence, ``Non-perturbative computational physics: the next
five years'' Ferrara, Italy, 2003.
- Turbulence with
small-scale forcing,``European symposium on Turbulence'' Bonn,
- Modern problems in fully
developed turbulence, ``Winter-school'' Chinese University of
Hong Kong, HK, 2003.
- Isotropy and Anisotropies
in Turbulence: an overview, Plenary Lecture: ``ETC 9''
Southampton, UK, 2002.
- Shell Models of
Turbulence: an overview,"Statistical Theories of Turbulence''
Santa Fe, USA, 2002.
Turbulence, ``European Symposium on Turbulence'' Porto,
- Anisotropic Turbulence,
``V Convegno Nazionale di Fisica Statistica'' Parma, Italy,
- Anisotropic Fluctuations
in Turbulence, ``EGS Meeting'' Nice France, 2000.
- New Ideas in Hydrodynamics,
``Aspen Institute'' Wye-Plantation, USA, 2000.
- Scaling in Isotropic and
Anisotropic Turbulence, ``VI-eme Colloque Cosmologie'' Paris,
- The role of SO(3) Symmetry
Group in Anisotropic Turbulence, ``TAO Study Center'' Palma de
Maiorca, Spain, 1999.
- Multi-scale and Multi-time
Correlation Functions in Turbulence,"Vth German-Israeli Winter
School", Weizmann Institute, Rehovot, Israel, 1999.
- Multi-Scale Correlation
Functions and Fusion-Rules in Turbulence, ``Turbulence:
Challenges for the 21st century'' in honor of R.H.~Kraichnan,
Alamos, USA, 1998.
- Generalized Scaling in
Turbulence, ``Second MONTE VERITA colloquium on problematic
issues in Turbulence'', Ascona, Switzerland, 1998.
- GESS and ESS in Turbulence,
``Chaos and Disorder'', in honor of G.~Paladin, Rome, Italy,
- Turbulence: a
Computational Challenge, ``APEmille Workshop'', Laboratori
Nazionali di Frascati, Italy, 1997.
- Scaling in Turbulence and
in Turbulent Models, ``INFM97'' INFM Workshop, Cagliari,
- Scaling in Turbulent Flows,
``Scaling Invariance and Beyond'' Les Houches School, France,
- A new Scaling for
Turbulent Flows, ``Workshop on Turbulence Modeling and Vortex
Dynamics'', Istanbul, Turkey, 1996.
- The Role of Inviscid
Invariants in Shell Models of Turbulence, ``50-th Japanese
Physical Society'' Tokyo, Japan, 1995.